Anyone aged 18 or older who is volunteering with the NMHA must obtain a valid Level 3 – Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) from Ottawa Police Services (OPS). Please note: vulnerable sector checks must be conducted by the local Canadian police service where an applicant lives. To apply for your Level 3 – VSC:
- download, print, and complete the latest Volunteer letter from NMHA. (Updated June 2022; previous versions are no longer accepted)
- submit the completed letter along with your online VSC application here (https://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/about-us/Level-3—Vulnerable-Sector-Check.aspx)
- Does the NMHA reimburse expenses incurred to complete a Police Record Check? No. These expenses are not reimbursed by the NMHA nor are they to be reimbursed through your team’s budget.
You received your VSC back from OPS, now what?
- send an email to email@example.com
- state your volunteer position in your email
- attach the completed VSC document in PDF format
How long is my record check valid for?
- a VSC is valid for three years from the date of issue from OPS
I forgot when my VSC expires. How can I check this?
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire on the expiry date of your VSC.
- please provide your full legal name that would have been used on your VSC application