Anyone aged 18 or older and who is volunteering with the NMHA must obtain a valid Level 3 – Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) from Ottawa Police Services (OPS). Please note: vulnerable sector checks must be conducted by the local Canadian police service where an applicant lives. To apply for your Level 3 – VSC:
- download, print and complete the latest Volunteer letter from NMHA. (updated August 2021; previous versions are no longer accepted)
- submit the completed letter along with your online VSC application here (https://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/about-us/Level-3—Vulnerable-Sector-Check.aspx)
You received your VSC back from OPS, now what?
- send an email to email@example.com
- state your volunteer position in your email
- attach the completed VSC document in PDF format
How long is my record check valid for?
- a VSC is valid for three years from the date of issue from OPS
I forgot when my VSC expires. How can I check this?
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire on the expiry date of your VSC.
- please provide your full legal name that would have been used on your VSC application