2021-22 HOCKEY REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Hockey registration in the NMHA is available only to players who reside within the boundaries of the Nepean Minor Hockey Association. New players will be required to present a completed registration form and waiver, as well as proof of age and proof of residence before registering.
|Division||Age||Birth Year||Registration Fee|
|U7 (Initiation)||4,5,6||2017, 2016, 2015||$590|
|U9 (Novice)||7,8||2014, 2013||$675|
|U11 (Atom)||9,10||2012, 2011||$675|
|U13 (Peewee)||11,12||2010, 2009||$700|
|U15 (Bantam)||13,14||2008, 2007||$700|
|U18 (Midget)||15,16,17||2006, 2005, 2004||$640|
All registrations must meet the following requirements before their registration for 2021-2022 will be accepted:
Full payment of all current and outstanding registration and team fees.
Registrations for new players are normally processed in person at the NMHA office. However, until the office opens again, please complete the following steps to register your new player:
- Download a copy of the 2021-2022 Registration / Waiver Form.
- Complete the information on the form and sign the waiver.
- Send a copy of the form to email@example.com along with a copy of:
- Proof of Birth (birth certificate, passport, statement of live birth); and
- Proof of Residence (redacted lease or purchase agreement, hydro or other utility bill etc.)
Please note that the proof of birth and proof of residency will be used for verification purposes only and will not be retained in our records.
Scan and email work best but a legible smartphone photo is also acceptable.
Once a file has been created for the player, you will then be contacted to complete the online registration.
Hockey Canada (eHockey) has a new online registration system. All players, including returning players, must create a new account in the Hockey Canada HCR 3.0 system. Note that your old login credentials will no longer work in the new system.
Create your new account:
- Go to the NMHA’s Hockey Canada Registry signup page to create your new account. (Please note your old login credential will no longer work.)
- Enter the information requested.
- Once your new account has been created, you will be able to find your profile, along with profiles of others in your family, and then “link” the family members.
- For help with creating a new account, click here.
Register to play:
- Once you have created your new account, you will be taken directly to our registration page.
- Click on Register Now and follow the steps required.
Methods of Payment
1. The NMHA Office accepts payments by credit card (Visa and MasterCard only), Interac debit card, cash, or money order. Cheques will not be accepted.
2. Online registration requires a credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or debit card (Visa Debit or MasterCard Debit). Online registration allows the user to spread payments over three months, with an initial deposit of 50% and then 3 equal payments on and September 1, October 1, and November 1, charged automatically to the same card.
Moving Out of or Into Hockey Eastern Ontario Minor?
If you are moving out of the HEO Minor area or into the HEO Minor area, please refer to the HEO Minor website for more information on the residency change and transfer process.
Moving to the NMHA
The HEO Minor website has an address location tool, found at maps.heominor.ca. If you are unsure or have questions concerning which Association you should register, please contact the NMHA Office. Players moving into the NMHA area will be required to provide proof of residence before registering. Players wishing to transfer into Nepean, while living elsewhere, will be required to obtain NMHA approval before completing the HEO Minor transfer process.
For U11 (Atom), U9 (Novice), and U7 (IP) Players – Proof of completion of the Respect in Sport (Parent) course.
Competitive Hockey Registration
Nepean Minor Hockey offers competitive teams at AA, A, and B, depending on age levels.
U13 (PeeWee) and U14, U15 (Bantam) AAA hockey
More information on AAA tryouts can be obtained from the Ottawa Myers Automotive AAA website (http://myersaaa.pointstreaksites.com/view/myersaaa/).
U18 (Midget) AAA hockey
U18 AAA hockey is offered by the HEO Midget AAA League and information on its tryouts can be found at http://www.heomidgetaaaleague.ca
Tryout Registration: Players can register for tryouts while registering for hockey online.
Players trying out for Junior or AAA
Myers Automotive AAA or U18 AAA hockey hopefuls must register with the NMHA to be eligible for AAA tryouts.
Junior hockey hopefuls may register with the NMHA to ensure that they reserve registration in the NMHA, should they be released by a Junior team.
To guarantee registration, Junior or AAA hopefuls may register by paying a $25 non-refundable deposit, rather than the full amount. Players released back to Nepean from Junior, or AAA must pay the remainder of their fees before attending any NMHA on-ice activities.
You must complete the online registration below and pay the $25 fee prior to tryouts.
NMHA Tryout Refunds
Players can withdraw from tryouts with a partial refund up to the day before tryouts begin. Tryouts require a commitment of time and ice resources on the part of the NMHA, so withdrawals, after tryouts begin, are not eligible for a refund. The refund will be subject to an administration fee of 10%.
Tryout ice and schedules will be communicated to participants in August of each season. Tryouts are expected to begin the weekend of August 28.
As the association is completely driven by volunteers, and the association continues to grow at a rapid pace; the need for volunteers continues to grow as well. The board needs your help, so please volunteer to help move this association forward for the kids. We all want the kids to play hockey and that can only occur if we all help to make it happen. During the registration process, you will be able to volunteer to help.
Unlike many organizations, we do not insist on a payment in lieu of volunteering, but as we grow, the demand for volunteers keeps increasing.
The NMHA wants to ensure people understand what they are volunteering for when they sign up, and we are providing the following guidelines for the different positions available.
See a complete list of the types of volunteers that the NMHA requires.