In light of the changes made to the COVID-19 guidelines announced by the province earlier this week, the NMHA Board has met to work out the detaIn light of the changes made to the COVID-19 guidelines announced by the province earlier this week, the NMHA Board has met to work out the details of our return to play. We will be back on the ice Nov 7th, the schedule has been posted to Nov 15th.
The following changes mandated by the City that impact our program are:
1. 25 participants on the ice (including coaches, trainers)
2. Dressing rooms will be open again but subjected to room occupancy restrictions
3. As of November 7th, a ratio of 1:1 participant to parent/guardian will be permitted in the arena for the supervision of children, to a maximum of 25 per booking. No spectators will be permitted with the exception of this 1:1 parent/guardian.
Please note, we have been advised that these regulations are subject to change with limited notice.
In light of these changes, NMHA will be doing the following
1. Reverting back to the original teams and schedule - some restructuring will be needed for those teams that have more than 10 players on them to meet the 25 participants (including coaches) restriction
2. The schedule will pick up where we left off at the pause and teams can expect to be back on the ice on Saturday and we will run as scheduled until the end of December.
3. Scrimmages and modified games will now be permitted
4. We will be crediting players for the missed ice times during the pause - more information will be coming shortly.
5. A parent or guardian may accompany their player into the facility on a 1:1 ratio. NO ADDITIONAL family members will be permitted (ie younger siblings etc)
6. Any member who submitted their intention to withdraw if we remained at Stage 2 restrictions will be void as we are now reverting back to a Stage 3 type format
7. Should you still wish to withdraw your player, the original refund policy will apply (as per the email sent Oct 31st) that was in effect prior to the pause - that will mean a 25% refund.
An email regarding arena guidelines will be sent shortly
We appreciate your patience as we work through these changes. We will keep you informed of changes as we receive them.
Nepean Minor Hockey Association
The NMHA Board has passed a motion which now mandates all coaching and bench staff to wear masks while on the ice. As such, coaching, bench staff and all volunteers are required to properly wear mask…