COVID regulations -NMHA News- Oct 31, 2020
Posted on: Saturday, October 31, 2020
In light of the updated COVID regulations imposed October 14, 2020, by the Province of Ontario and City of Ottawa, limiting the number of participants permitted in facilities and on the ice https://ottawa.ca/en/recreation-and-parks/recreation-facilities/arenas, the NMHA Board of Directors made the difficult decision to pause our development program until we could safely return to hockey.
The NMHA Board has met frequently and has developed an alternate program that will allow our members to get back on the ice and that fits within the restrictions mentioned above. Our goal from the beginning of this unique season was to offer players the opportunity to return to hockey in a safe environment and enjoy the sport about which we are all passionate. This principle guided the development of this new program.
If we do not go back to Stage 3 by November 7th, our new program will impact our hockey scheduling as follows:
- We will be extending the current session into January to make up for the ice lost during our pause.
- Players will be on the ice once a week. (U18 & U7 once a week will return every other week)
- We will restructure our development bubbles to ensure that we adhere to the restriction of a maximum of 9 players plus one coach on the ice. Note a trainer is permitted on the bench and does not count in the number allowed.
In light of these adjustments we are offering our membership one of two options:
- Continue with the season in this modified format. We expect that players will be on the ice less than originally planned as a direct result of the restrictions. We continue to explore options to allow for additional ice times. Should you choose to continue under the new model do not expect to be on the same team or in the same bubble as you were in before the pause in programming. As per the Stage 2 order spectators will not be permitted. There will be no adjustment to the fees paid if you choose to continue.
- Withdraw for the remainder of the session: Considering the above changes, we realize that some may not want to continue in our programming and we fully support your decision. In light of the adjusted program, we are amending our refund policy for this situation only and any participant wishing to withdraw from the remaining sessions will receive a refund as follows. U18x2, U9, U11, U13, U15 - $240, U18x1 - $125, U7 - $200
You may also choose to have a credit applied to your account for the next session. This new refund structure will only be for those who submit their intention to withdraw from the program should we remain at Stage 2. Members will have until end of day November 3rd to submit their intent. If you withdraw after the November 3rd deadline, our original refund policy remains in effect. If we move to Stage 3 and you withdraw at any time, our original refund policy applies.
Please submit your intentions to withdraw to firstname.lastname@example.org and your refund/credit will be processed after November 7th pending the Provincial announcement.
We hope that everyone will be patient and understanding as we navigate through this process until we resume regular programming once the restrictions are lifted.