Required Equipment - Initiation Program
Posted on: Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Please insure your child is properly equipped. Below is a listing of the required equipment. To insure their safety, if your child does not have all the equipment listed below they will not be permitted on the ice.
- Hockey helmet and face mask (Must be CSA approved and properly fitted).
- Socks and garter belt (or undergarment with Velcro to hold socks – normally holds Protective Cup/Jill as well).
- Neck guard (BNQ certified) which is neither too loose nor too tight.
- Shin pads (proper size and length).
- Shoulder Pads (proper size to protect shoulders and upper arms area).
- Mouth guard-“Strongly Recommended” (proper size).
- Elbow Pads (proper size).
- Skates – properly fitted and sharpened.
- Hockey Gloves (proper size – avoid short cuffs as they do not provide proper protection against slashes to the wrist area).
- Stick - properly measured while on skates – should be at chin level; end of stick (knob) must be thick enough to not fit through any facemask openings.
- Hockey Pants (proper size and length).
- Protective Cup/Jill (proper size).